NRA Political Victory Fund Endorses Dr. Gosar's reelection campaign
For Immediate Release
Date: August 12, 2016
PRESCOTT, ARIZONA – The NRA Political Victory Fund has announced its endorsement of Dr. Gosar's reelection campaign stating:
"Dear Arizona NRA Member:
Please vote for Paul Gosar in the Republican primary for U.S. House of Representatives in AZ-04 on or before Tuesday, August 30th. For more information on voting, please call 1-877-843-8683 or by email.
The NRA Political Victory Fund (NRA-PVF) has endorsed Paul Gosar for U.S. House of Representatives in the August 30th, 2016, Republican primary in the 4th Congressional District of Arizona. Paul has a proven pro-Second Amendment record and is committed to protecting your gun rights!
- Supports Right-to-Carry – Paul cosponsored and voted for concealed carry reciprocity legislation, which would ensure that law-abiding Americans with the legal right to carry concealed would be able to carry their firearm for self-defense in any other state. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton do not trust you to carry your firearm for self-defense, but Paul Gosar does!
- Opposes the Obama/Bloomberg/Clinton Gun Control Agenda – Paul has consistently opposed attempts to ban lawfully owned firearms, magazines and ammunition, and has stood strong against President Obama’s, Hillary Clinton’s, and former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s gun control agenda.
- Opposes Operation Choke Point – Paul voted for legislation that prohibits the Obama Administration from executing an abusive practice in which Department of Justice intimidates banks into refusing or severing financial services to legally operated ammunition and firearms dealers.
- Opposes Ammo Ban – Paul signed a letter to the Obama administration opposing its flagrant attempt to ban commonly used ammunition for the most popular rifle in America.
- Supports America’s Hunting Heritage – Paul voted for the Sportsmen’s Heritage and Recreation Enhancement Act, which would open and protect access to public lands for hunting, allow citizens to carry firearms on Army Corps land, and benefit sportsmen in Arizona and throughout the country.
- Opposes the U.N. Gun Ban Treaty – Paul signed a letter opposing any international treaty by the United Nations or other global organizations that would impose restrictions on American gun owners.
- Opposes a Federal Gun Database – Paul voted to prevent ATF from circumventing the will of Congress by centralizing records of thousands of Americans’ long gun purchases.
- Opposed Attorney General Eric Holder – Paul voted to hold former Attorney General Eric Holder in Contempt of Congress for refusal to comply with a subpoena duly issued by the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform where he neglected to hand over documents regarding the flawed and tragic Fast and Furious scandal.
Serving on both the Oversight and Investigation Committee and the House Natural Resources Committee, Paul Gosar understands the importance of preserving the 2nd Amendment and our freedom. Paul has a consistent and proven voting record on Second Amendment issues in the U.S. House of Representatives and is committed to defending your constitutional rights, and that’s why it’s critically important for you to vote Paul Gosar for U.S. House of Representatives in the August 30th, 2016, Republican primary in the 4th Congressional District of Arizona!"